Why We Love This Opportunity
Northwest Bible Church is uniquely poised and gifted to minister to the people of Dallas and beyond. They possess a solid evangelical conservative biblical footing and a multi-talented, passionate team of leaders. With a high value on gospel-centered teaching, high-quality modern worship experiences, discipleship training, and NextGen ministries, Northwest Bible Church in Dallas is seeing God bring steady growth as they work to “Invite people into the unexpected joy of desperate dependence on Jesus.” This opportunity is a great chance for a relational administratively gifted leader to join a healthy team.
Church or Org Description
Starting in 1951, Northwest Bible Church is a healthy, vibrant church presently focused on having conversations about Jesus ‘with our neighbors and co-workers, along with others in our communities and around the world’.
Woven into the fabric, from its beginning, Northwest Bible began what they call “Faith Promise,” committing each year to give to missions; but the mission is at home as well, they are growing and becoming more invitational, maintaining the deep relationships with those long-faithful in the church.
Neil Tomba has been at Northwest Bible for almost 25 years and has served as the Lead Pastor since 2001. Neil is a passionate follower of Jesus who is incredibly relational, compassionate, and empathetic for all people and a strategic and creative leader. Northwest Bible is led by an Elder Board of 5-8 men elected each year by church members. They meet with the Lead Pastor to discuss and pray over church-wide decisions and changes. The team is collaborative, relational, and mission/vision-oriented.
With over 2000 members and an average weekly attendance of 1800, Northwest Bible Church has a solid core of consistent and engaged attenders. It’s non-denominational, complementarian, and theologically conservative.
The Human Resources Manager will direct and manage all human resource functions of Northwest Bible while also caring for the people employed there.
- Love the team! A great HR leader sincerely cares about the individuals on staff
- Manage all employment processes, including recruitment, orientation, performance evaluation, and exit interviews
- Ensure compliance with current HR laws and employer requirements
- Plan and coordinate staff recognition, development, and enrichment activities
- Evaluate, manage, and administer all employee benefit programs
- Build relationships and network with other human resource professionals at local churches
- Have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and as Lord
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related field; three (3) years of human resource experience
- Strong sense of proprietary confidentiality
- Solid time management skills: ability to handle multiple projects meet deadlines, and function independently and efficiently.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills, with the ability to recognize issues and deal with them directly.
- Ability to communicate clearly, verbally, and written with employees at all levels