Why We Love This Opportunity
Awakening is in the middle one of the most unreached areas in the country. They’re in the heart of a region that is about Startups, technology and innovation. All of these industries represent the people that attend, worship and serve at Awakening. What is created in the communities Awakening serves, shapes the world and Awakening is a great place to lead those who are influencing our culture and our world.
Awakening started in 2012 when Ryan and Jenny Ingram sensed a call to plant a church in the Willow Glen community of San Jose. Awakening is a church that is living out its vision to “awaken this generation to a new life in Jesus.” Awakening is a church that is focused on reaching the next generation. More than half of the church is between the ages of 18-30 and more than half are single. Currently, Awakening is experiencing a lot of growth with young families and they’re excited about the future God is leading them into.
Awakening wants to be a sending church that equips people to be ministers of the Gospel in the places they live, work, play. How they serve and love their community is an important apologetic in the Silicon Valley culture that is hostile to the Gospel.
The heart of Awakenings is…
To be a church where people DAILY step into new life in Jesus.
To make a noticeable IMPACT in their city through expressions of COMPASSION.
To be an EVERYDAY church, not just a SUNDAY church.
To be a strategic TRAINING CENTER raising up the next generation of world changers.
The Executive Pastor is responsible for the overall leadership and directions of Awakening organizational structure and staff; leading all functional areas in the accomplishment of Awakening’s mission. The Executive Pastor is responsible for translating the vision of Awakening to plans and activity.
The areas of oversight include Financial Operations, Executive Staff, Human Resources, Administration, Pastoral Care, Local & Global Impact.
- Support the Lead Pastor in the accomplishment of Awakening’s mission through ministry effectiveness evaluation, planning and oversight of Executive Staff.
- Lead the Executive Staff in the establishment and ongoing direction of ministries that reach Awakening’s demographic.
- Ensure the operational readiness of the church through leadership and oversight of the support staff.
- Facilitate the strategic planning process.
- Establish and maintain a set of key performance measures that provide the Lead Pastor, staff, and leadership with ongoing visibility of the effectiveness of all functional areas of the church.
- Develop annual financial plans that fund the accomplishment of the strategic plan and meet critical financial objectives.
- Champion the development of infrastructure and systems by all ministry and support areas.
- Lead Awakening’s facilities activities including building search, maintenance, capital campaigns and contractor selection.